MEP Contracts Manager - Commercial
An MEP Contracts Manager is needed to work in a mid management role and manage the day-to-day contractual correspondence on one of the World's largest ongoing rail projects, the Riyadh Metro project in Saudi Arabia. The successful candidate will work with a leading, respected International contractor responsible for the MEP works on this prestigious rail project.
The Riyadh Metro project is one of the largest rail projects in the World. It is a brand new Metro System comprising of 6 lines, 85kms of track and 85 stations.
Responsibilities and Duties
A very important and integral member of the Project Contracts and Commercial Team. Working closely with and assisting the Project Manager and the Project Commercial Manager with the daily management of all contractual/claims/legal matters relating to the Project including:
- Day to day management of the receipt, review and drafting of all Project correspondence regarding contractual, commercial, claim and/or legal matters
- Providing as required contractual, claim and/or legal advice to the Project Manager, Commercial Manager or other members of the Project Contracts or Commercial Team
- Overseeing and managing a procedure for the prompt identification and registering of claims and potential claims for additional time and/or money due under the Project’s Main Contract and/or Subcontracts
- Overseeing and/or, as required, preparing new claims for additional time and/or money arising under the Main Contract or Subcontracts
- Reviewing and evaluating claims for additional time and/or money received from the Employer under the Main Contract and Subcontractors under the various Project Subcontracts
- Monitoring and advising the Project Manager, Country Contracts Manager and/or the Project Commercial Manager of potential or actual risks arising from the Main Contract, Subcontracts and/or from the performance of the Works
- Notifying, liaison with and as required obtaining advice from the relevant members of the internal Legal Team regarding key legal and/or contractual issues arising from the Works and the Project
- Liaison and coordination with generally other relevant members of the Project team for the purpose of carrying out the functions mentioned above.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have previous experience of working in a commercial / contractual role on large scale projects
- Candidates must have strong experience of working on MEP packages. This is essential.
- Candidates must have previous experience of working in the Middle East region
- Candidates must have strong contractual awareness and experience; either in a specific Contracts Manager role or as a Quantity Surveyor with significant exposure to dealing with contractual and claims correspondence
- Excellent level of written English and demonstrable ability to produce high quality written letters and documents in English
- A degree qualification (or similar equivalent) in Quantity Surveying or similar subject is essential
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS, CIArb or CIOB is desired but not essential
- Candidates with a Secondary Qualification (e.g MSc) in Construction Law, Dispute Resolution and / or Arbitration would be an advantage
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the World's most respected main contractors with a history of delivering the tallest towers in the World. They operate strongly across the globe and are capable of delivering mega projects across all disciplines.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
50k - 60k SAR p/m
+ 1 Return Flight per year
+ 30 calendar days holiday (plus public holidays)
+ Private Medical Cover
6 Day Week
8am - 6pm with an hour lunch