MEP QSRef MAX8796 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Australasia Location Sydney, Australia Salary Circa AUD150K /yr Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 25/10/2019 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
Our client, an innovative and agile buildings and infrastructure cost engineering and cost management consultancy is seeking a high calibre MEP Quantity Surveyor to bolster their Sydney based team. The successful candidate will join one of the largest and most successful QS and cost management practices in the region and get involved in pre and post contract solutions, specifically relating to MEP packages on major projects.
You wil be based in the HQ in CBD Sydney with some travelling to project sites both local and regional.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation of cost plans using the latest and innovative cost estimation and integration software available
- Tender evaluation & assessment
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Preparing and presenting cash flow & cost management advice to clients
- Interpreting and offering advice on contract
- Ensuring contractual notices and client entitlements are properly administered
- Preparation of contractor’s payment recommendations
- Measuring & valuing variations
- Agreement of final accounts
- Management of other members of staff, both Quantity Surveyors and Measurement Technicians
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience on your CV of your ability to perform unassisted a number of the quantity surveying duties listed above
- A strong bias towards working as a Quantity Surveyor on MEP based packages / projects
- IT proficient with extensive exposure to spreadsheets and QS specific software
- Previous experience on airport projects would be advantageous, however is not essential
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is essential
- Full membership to a professional body such as the RICS is advantageous, but is not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a well respected global forward thinking and innovative consultancy providing major clients in the built envronment and infrastructure cost management and cost engineering solutions to save them time and money.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
A comprehensive salary and benefits package is available to the successful candidate including visa sponsorship and the opportunity for international transfer. They also welcome returning Australians from overseas.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend