Partner and Quantum ExpertRef MAX9025 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary Negotiable Basic + Excellent Bonus Scheme Salary Band £150,000 Plus TypePermanent Job Posted 18/01/2021 Status Live: Interviewing now
A Quantum expert in the field of construction disputes is required to take up the role as a Partner within this global advisory consultancy, based out of London.
This is a truly exciting role for any candidates capable of running construction arbitration and litigation disputes as the lead expert, including the ability to do all of the necessary reporting. Ideally, you will have acted as the lead expert on previous assignments. However if you have acted as the lead assistant to an expert on multiple occasions and are ready to take the leap to lead expert, this role could also potentially suit you.
You will work within the construction disputes division of the large multinational advisory consultancy. You will act as one of the key partners in the business and take a lead role in handling new and existing assignments with clients globally.
Assignments will typically relate to construction disputes, which are preparing for arbitration or litigation. Such disputes can relate to projects across all sectors of the construction and engineering sectors.
As the wider business provides a diverse range of advisory services to its clients, you may be asked to contribute your construction and quantum expertise to assignments outside of construction from time to time.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate would take up a critical, strategic role within this business and operate as one of the Partners within the construction disputes division. You will be responsible for managing quantum related disputes from end to end, including testifying as lead expert. You will also be required to manage and develop a small team of quantum analysts and consultants based out of the London office.
Your success within this role will also be heavily reliant on your ability to generate new work for the business in addition to any work that the business is able to feed you through their excellent reputation and established client base.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have considerable experience of working within a management role with a reputable expert witness consultancy
- Must have the ability to manage a dispute from end to end, i.e. taking the dispute from the client, setting it up, managing the process throughout, writing the expert report and then ideally have testified and been cross-examined against the evidence presented.
- Candidates will ideally have a strong network within the legal profession
- Candidates should have had a successful background in a QS or similar role within construction prior to moving into disputes and have maintained their core technical skills to carry out this role
- Previous experience of managing and developing junior staff is essential
- Candidates should have incredibility high integrity and the ability to act in an impartial manner
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- A positive attitude to work and the hunger to come into the business, make a positive impact and strive to drive the business forward and meet targets
- Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Higher qualification relating to construction disputes – i.e. MSc / LLM in construction Law
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a globally established consultancy offering a range of advisory services to clients in many industries, including financial services and construction amongst others.
The business has offices throughout Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. They are widely regarded as one of the leading providers of quantum and delay expert witness services in London. They have a strong international feel within the business and look particularly favourably on candidates who can write and speak in additional languages to English (however, this is not essential).
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Negotiable Basic Salary (DOE)
+ Excellent performance related bonus scheme
- Managing Quantum Consultant Central London - £70k - £90k + up to 30% annual bonus
- Senior Quantum Consultant Dubai, UAE - 35k – 42k AED p/m all in + Bonus
- Quantum Managing Consultant Central London - Circa £70k - £90k + Bonus + Benefits
- Senior Quantum Consultant London - £50k - £70k + package
- Associate Director - Quantum Central London - £80k-£110k+benefits DOE
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend