Planner Alternative Dispute ResolutionRef MAX9002 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region North and Scotland Location Central Manchester Salary £35k - £55k (DOE) Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 12/02/2021 Status Live: Interviewing now
A Planner is required to work for a professional consultancy who are based in the city centre of Manchester and provide quantity surveying, planning and alternative dispute resolution services to their clients.
The client is seeking an ambitious Planner, who can join their team of expert staff providing a range of planning and alternative dispute resolution services to their clients. This role will include, live project planning, project control and retrospective delay analysis, alternative dispute resolution and contract administration.
You will be based from the client’s office in Manchester and given some flexibility for home working, but this role will require occasional travel to sites and client offices nationally.
The position would particularly suit any planners with a passion for specialising in dispute resolution work and gaining more frequent exposure to forensic planning and delay analysis. Some exposure to carrying out delay analysis within your previous roles would be required, however full training can be given to develop your skills in this area.
The client prides itself on working within all sectors of the construction and engineering industry. Therefore, this role can deliver an exciting variation of project exposure on domestic and international projects.
You will gain regular exposure to supporting the expert witness on projects that are experiencing significant disputes and potentially preparing for mediation and adjudication, as well as carrying out a more traditional planning role.
Responsibilities and Duties
Within this role, you will be given the chance to work autonomously on projects, as well as acting in a supporting role to senior management on larger projects and complex disputes. Specific duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Feasibility studies
- Contract Administration
- Control, manage and report contractual obligations from procurement to final account
- Determine schedules, monitor programmes and understand risks
- Accurate assessments of progress
- Forensic analysis in alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Clear and impartial evidence for tribunals (ADR)
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful Planner must have:
- Pre and post contract Planning experience on large-scale, complex projects
- Some exposure to carrying out delay analysis / forensic planning, either in a specialist role, or as a large part of a traditional planning role
- To be able to produce programmes and schedules for live projects and be able to interpret those written by third parties
- Have an understanding and hopefully some experience of how to prove entitlement for extensions of times (EOT) claims
- Must have a good working knowledge of Primavera P6 or Asta Powerproject, or both
- Must have exceptional writing skills and able to contribute to reports where necessary, including the use of persuasive language
- Be comfortable in a client facing role.
- An ambitious individual looking to buy into the core values of the business and help to drive the business forward with its growth plan
- A Degree of similar equivalent qualification is desired
- Membership to a professional body such as the CIOB or CIArb would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a reputable and established consultancy offering a range of planning, quantity surveying, alternative dispute resolution and advisory services to their clients. This can include work in relation to disputes that are heading for adjudication and mediation.
The successful Planner will work alongside highly reputable experts on an appealing variety of projects and disputes. This role will be a great career move for any aspiring Planner who wishes to gain more exposure to delay analysis and is perhaps seeking a construction disputes career.
The employer has a strong HR function and places a high emphasis on regular appraisals, career development and internal/external training. They expect candidates to be ambitious and place the same emphasis on their self-development.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£35k - £55k (Depending on experience)
+ Bonus (Circa 4% annually)
+ 20 – 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
+ Pension (Employer 5% contribution)
- Quantity Surveyor Alternative Dispute Resolution Macclesfield, Cheshire - £55k - £70k (DOE)
- Quantity Surveyor Alternative Dispute Resolution Central Manchester - £55k - £70k (DOE)
- Senior Planner cum Delay Analyst Macclesfield, Cheshire - £55k - £80k (DOE)
- Senior Planner cum Delay Analyst Central Manchester - £55k - £80k (DOE)
- Planning Manager Hong Kong Airport, Lantau, Hong Kong - HK$60K-HK$75K
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend