Due to a recent departure, a Planner is required to work for a leading London based refurbishment contractor.
The successful candidate will act as the businesses lead and sole planner therefore this is a critically important role to the business. You will be responsible for creating and managing the programmes for multiple projects within the business. Projects will be high end refurbishment projects typically valued between £2m - £10m in value.
Projects will typically be large scale and complex refurbishment projects based in Central London. Typical value of recent projects has been between £2m - £10m and they boast as prestigious client list which includes the Crown Estate.
Larger projects they are involved on often include complex structural works, building services design & installation as well as luxury, high end finishes. Their projects span across a number of sectors including Education, Commercial and Heritage projects, with several properties even being done on listed buildings.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will report directly into the Directors and act as the sole Planner for the business. Therefore, suitable candidates will need to be able to work independently.
You will be responsible for preparing and controlling construction project programmes from feasibility stage through to practical completion. Whilst communicating construction methodologies and logistical considerations in concise visual and narrative formats for colleagues, consultant teams, clients and statutory authorities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will need to demonstrate experience of autonomously managing programmes for large projects or packages of work
- Previous experience of working on refurbishment projects is highly desirable, however candidates with a main contracting background in new build projects will still be considered also.
- Ability to use standard planning software’s such as Primavera or Asta Powerproject is desired
- Exposure to M&E, Interiors, structural refurbishment work would be an advantage, but is not essential
- A Degree or similar alternative qualification is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a specialist Refurbishment Contractor based in Central London. They work on high value, complex refurbishment projects in the London area and boast a prestigious list of clients. Therefore, they can offer candidates the opportunity to work on luxury, high end projects in popular London locations. The employer uses a lot of direct labour to carry out their projects, therefore there is often less interaction with subcontractors than with roles in similar companies.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary will be dependent on experience, however a suitable range would be £50 - £70k
+ Car or Car Allowance