An exciting new Planning Engineer job vacancy in Norway to join a newly awarded c£2Billion (Euro2,000 million) civil engineering road project with major bridge and tunnel sections of work.
Successful Planner candidate will be working within the planning department and reporting to the Planning Manager.
One of the biggest ever civil engineering road construction projects in Norway has now been awarded under a PPP framework to a consortium of companies.
The project aims to improve commuting between Bergen and the island of Sotra on the West coast of Norway. It is by date the largest road infrastructure project in Norwegian history and one of the largest contracts awarded in Europe in 2021.
Expected to be under construction for the next 5 years, the project is currently mobilising and completing initial procurement activities.
The project itself is a 10km, four-lane road link that includes 22 bridges and viaducts, including one 900m long suspension bridge that will be 30m wide and over 100m high. There will be 12.5km of tunnels, made up of numerous tunnel portals and underpasses and two twin tunnels of almost 5km in length, as well as 14km of pedestrian and bicycle paths.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some of the duties and responsibilities of a Planner will be to:
- Prepare and updating project schedules such as baseline schedules, comparison between actual and planned activities. Coordinator of construction, Engineering ,permit and procurement schedule
- Prepare a programme of work, critical paths and target milestones based on the schedule, Monitor the milestones with the production of the work on site.
- Develop, in coordination with the Project Construction Manager, the schedule of civil works for the project, based on the project duration time.
- Advise the Procurement, Manager(s) to coordinate with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure that delivery schedules are met.
- Participate in internal project meetings with Project Managers, staff and subcontractors, raising weaknesses and delays in the schedule.
- Ensure that the project has a schedule that meets the proposed requirements, and accurately reflects the current status and future intent of all project activities to ensure a planned and orderly completion.
- Providing advice and assistance to the Manager(s) and other staff as required to meet programme requirements.
- Coordinate and provide solutions to the Project Director/Manager in relation to planning and schedule control. Present the recovery plan and activities to make up for lost progress due to delays.
- Develop, maintain and manage the performance of programme schedules by identifying emerging trends and critical path analyses.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in managing planning in major construction companies
- Previous experience on a large scale civil engineering project
- Previous working experience in Norway or Scandinavia preferred
- Proficiency in using Software Primavera P6 - Tilos
- Ideal candidates will be Norwegian citizens or have access to Norwegian citizenship or right to work (Danish,
- Finnish, Swedish or Icelanders), or will be ‘EU/EEA national’ / European Citizens (Irish etc.).
A degree in Civil Engineering or a similar subject is preferred.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Employment will be offered by the JV and may well be for up to the full 5 years anticipated project duration.
Given the location of the project, nice accommodation can be found around 30 minutes away, and there are full amenities, including leisure and skiing facilities within short travelling distance.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary levels will be assessed and offered based on previous relevant experience and capability to undertake the above duties.