Planning ManagerRef MAX8793 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Australia and NZ Location Sydney, Australia Salary circa AUD250K /yr Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 23/10/2019 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
A major global rail client is seeking to appoint a high calibre Planning Manager with experience of heavy civil infrastructure, rail systems and build for a number of major rail projects in Sydney Australia
You will be based in the client’s head office and work on a number of high profile rail related projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Function as a main advisory to the General Manager PMO and Project Director in all issues concerning planning, scheduling and resources needed. Dealing with progress measurement - delays, corrective actions and claims.
- Manage a small team of planning engineers to oversee the development of the base line and master programme.
- Advise on buildability, development strategy related to procurement and construction, pre-qualification and tender programming / methodology / system formwork / logistics / plant manpower resourcing;
- Maintain work breakdown structure, project and activity coding and resource loading, monitoring the scheduling of project milestones and ensure any potential delays or risks are met with appropriate solutions.
- Agree and maintain Critical Path networks, including updating, reporting and implementation of logic and resource changes
- Prepare timely and accurate reports and schedule plans for project management and effective project control
- Provide leadership, support and training, and contribute to career development of junior staff.
- Monitor the scheduling of project milestones and ensure any potential delays or risks are met with appropriate solutions.
- Liaise with client, consultants and contractors to review progress of project.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 15 years relevant tender, project and claims planning experience
- Innovative thinking on technical approaches for civil infrastructure construction
- Using MS project and Primavera (P6) is a must;
- Demonstrable experience in construction methodology and sequencing
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Sound knowledge of safety and environmental management.
- Good communicator, both oral and written in English
- Strong Presentation skills and excellent organizational skills
- Good team player
- Degree holder in a relevant engineering discipline is preferred.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a well-respected global transportation client providing innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the rail industry
At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is it people and our client strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel!. Career development resources, initiatives and tools are provided each step of the way to achieve these desired outcomes.
The group is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force globally. Maxim is providing recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive all-inclusive salary is available to the successful candidate.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend