Pre-Contract Construction Manager
A new, exciting Pre-Contract Construction Manager job vacancy with a property management company in Nottingham. You will be responsible for managing the delivery of pre-contract project deliverables of residential properties.
Suitable Pre- Contract Construction Manager candidates will have previous experience of delivering pre-contract duties in a residential environment and strong understanding of JCT form of contract.
Pre-Contract Construction Manager role is work as part of a team to drive the delivery of residential units. The successful Pre- Contract Construction Manager Candidate will need to be confident in collaborating with investors and developer teams to manage the delivery of pre-contract project deliverables.
The projects will be high quality, purpose build housing for the private rental market.
This is a hybrid working opportunity, with 1 or 2 days a week spent working from Nottingham office with the remaining time working from home or with clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
Pre – Contract Construction Manager duties will include:
- Pre-contract lead on multiple residential projects – specifically suburban family housing and low-rise apartments for the build-to-rent sector
- Collaborating with investors and developer teams to manage the delivery of pre-contract project deliverables in accordance with the agreed terms
- Provide commercial support and decision making to key stakeholders throughout
- Present and seek approval for the appointment of the Employers’ Agent and other technical consultants on behalf of the investor
- Agree on contractual terms and conditions between the investor and developer
- Being able to develop and agree commercial terms and drafting amendments on the JCT building contract / Development Agreements with the investor and/or investor’s representative
- Liaising with the developer to ensure design buildability, value engineering, drawings/specification and contract documents are approved prior to contract completion
- Monitor progress by maintaining transaction checklists for all schemes in DD.
- Providing weekly progress reporting, identifying critical items for escalation
- Produce Final Business Cases to reflect commercial terms agreed during DD (including anticipated project cashflow forecasts) for investor approval
Desired Skills and Experience
Suitable Pre-Contract Construction Manager will have:
- at least 3 years’ pre-contract experience of construction projects in a residential environment
- Excellent experience and knowledge of various forms of contracts with particular focus on JCT building contracts
- Experience of the typical bespoke requirements of institutional investors preferable
- A strong analytical approach to developer/designer proposals
- A natural ability to build positive relationships with all stakeholders in a way that establishes confidence, credibility and trust
- A quick learner and keen to further enhance your technical knowledge with a view to leading on future schemes with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain excellent working relationships
- Excellent communication skills, adaptable, with a determination to succeed & deliver
- IT skills, with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- A BSc related to Quantity Surveying, Construction law, Procurement or other construction related field
- Membership of a professional body such MRICS or MCIOB or willing to work towards these
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a rapidly growing construction property management company with offices in Nottingham. Their current aim is to deliver 2,000 new properties each year over the next 3 years.
Full details of this established property management company will be given to shortlisted Construction Manager candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous salary £50-60k negotiable based on experience + £4,200 car allowance
- Other benefits disclosed to shortlisted Pre-Construction Manager Candidates