Principal Engineer Modular Integrated ConstructionRef MAX8966 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong Salary HK$60K - HK$100K Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 31/07/2020 Status Live
Near the top of the list of construction contractor jobs, this is an excellent opportunity for a talented Principal Engineer with experience in modular integrated construction and Design for Manufacturing and Assembly to work on major design and construction projects in Hong Kong.
One of Asia's leading construction contractors requires a talented and experienced Principal Engineer to work on major design and construct projects in Hong Kong. You will have demonstrable experience in structural design of MiC and DfMA works.
Large scale design and construction projects in Hong Kong
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare MiC/DfMA structural design to meet the Client and statutory requirements;
- Devising innovative alternative designs;
- Providing effective and efficient temporary works solutions;
- Liaising with different stakeholders in relation to technical and design issues, including Buildings Department, Clients, Consultants and operation team;
- Provide technical advice to other departments on engineering aspects.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Over 10 years' experience with proven track record of design experience in building structures;
- Relevant experience in the design of prefabrication construction including Modular Integrated Construction (MIC), Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) or off-site precast / prefabrication in building structures is an advantage;
- Proficiency in the use of BIM tools and design software including ETABS, SAP200, Safe is an advantage;
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese.
- Degree in Civil and Structural Engineering or equivalent;
- MHKIE or MIStructE is a must;
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a civil construction, engineering and property development business providing innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the construction and property industry in Hong Kong and throughout Asia.
From an extensive in country local knowledge and an unwavering focus to deliver on its promises to achieve the best outcomes in safety, cost, quality and time, the group has responsibly diversified to provide civil and build construction services for both stand alone and large scale integrated construction projects, M&E and fit out.
At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is it people and our client strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel!
Career development resources, initiatives and tools are provided each step of the way to achieve these desired outcomes. The group is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region. Maxim has been requested to provide recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity. Construction careers dont get any better than this!
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend