Procurement Category Manager
A new exciting Procurement Category Manager job opportunity with a growing UK and international multidisciplinary consultancy with a specialist procurement division. The ideal candidate will have a strong background across the procurement lifecycle, including strategy development and tender preparation.
For this role Procurement Category Manager must be SC Cleared or have lapsed clearance that could be renewed.
The Procurement Category Manager (Defence) role is to provide specialist procurement strategy advice to public and private sector clients within Infrastructure and Real Estate sectors.
The successful Procurement Category Manager candidate will develop supplier relationships within a category or categories, work with an outstanding team of specialist consultants, and advise major clients on large scale / flagship projects.
The employer offers an opportunity to rapidly progress the career within an entrepreneurial, defined and growing Procurement division.
Further opportunities are available to travel both nationally and internationally to service and manage key commissions for the employer’s blue chip client portfolio.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of a Senior Category Manager will be to:
- To fulfil the responsibilities of a Senior Category Management Consultant.
- To provide specialist procurement strategy advice to public and private sector clients.
- Provide Category analysis, planning and reporting, including spend analysis, market analysis, benefits tracking and category planning.
- Define, develop and implement Category Sourcing Strategies and Category Plans.
- Work with stakeholders to develop and define category insights to support innovation and provide additional value.
- To manage end to end procurement services on major projects and programmes.
- Contract Development and management.
- Contract drafting; terms, negotiation and award.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must be SC Cleared
- Strong experience across Category Management, Category Sourcing Strategies and Category Plans and Procurement strategy
- Excellent experience of various forms of contracts with particular focus on NEC and JCT.
- Good knowledge of public sector procurement rules (including OJEU/FTS)
- A strong background in Category Management within relevant sectors
- Be able to manage work/business development/career development activities.
- Excellent communication skills, adaptable, with a determination to succeed.
- A BSc related to Quantity Surveying, civil engineering, law or procurement or other construction related field or equivalent and/or be MCIPS is preferred.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Full details of this global, premium consultancy will be given to shortlisted candidates.
The employer is recruiting UK wide, therefore Senior Procurement Consultant Candidates in other locations across the UK with the right skillset are also of interest.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous salary negotiable based on experience
- Health Insurance
- Life insurance