Project Director - Project AdvisoryRef MAX8743 Job Posted 25/06/2019 Region London Location Central London Salary £90k - £120k + Benefits Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
An interesting role as Project Director exists to join a leading London-based Consultancy offering specialist services to the construction industry.
This role exists within the project advisory division of the business and would suit a distinguished, individual from a professional Project Management Consultancy or Construction Management background, who can represent the business in delivering a high level of strategic advice to the clients senior management.
The position would suit knowledgeable, articulate professionals who has a track record of sitting in front of senior executives in a client facing role. You will need the relevant experience to provide the highest level of strategic advice to clients in the public and private sector from the very early stages of their respective projects or programmes of work.
Projects within this division of the business tend to be extremely large in value, ranging from circa £100m up to projects in the hundreds of millions. Occasionally even higher than this.
Such projects could be within the building or engineering sectors and the clients you will be advising will come from the public and private sectors both domestically and internationally.
The variety and scale of projects that you will have exposure to within this role are a positive for candidates looking to work on large scale projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Project Director you will report directly into the Director of this division and work closely with them on providing strategic advice on a number of projects at any one time.
You may work as part of a team or independently dependant on the size of the project(s) you are involved in. However at this level, you will be expected to manage teams of staff and play a senior role within the management of this division.
This division of the business also has a strong overlap with the company’s Expert Witness work, therefore on occasions, your expertise may be required to assist this division of the business on CM / PM / Delay related dispute matters.
At this level of the business, you would be expected to be increasing your professional network of potential clients and ideally bringing in some new clients in due course.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have a combination of a strong technical knowledge and high level of client facing skills to succeed in the role
- Previous experience of working at a senior management level of a Project Management Consultancy or Construction Management company is desired
- Should have a successful track record of working for a reputable, Construction Management company such as Mace or Lend Lease (or similar businesses performing a Construction Management role) OR a professional Project Management Consultancy such as T&T or Atkins (Or similar)
- Candidates will ideally have a strong Engineering / design background or at least a strong knowledge of dealing with such issues in other roles are required
- Some previous experience of winning work and generating revenue for a business would be advantageous
- Some exposure to dealing with Delay related claims issues such as extensions of time would be advantageous but is not essential
- Some exposure to assisting on expert witness related work wold be advantageous, but is not essential
- Membership to a relevant professional body such as MRICS, MCIOB, MICE or a similar equivalent is desired
- A Degree in a relevant subject such as Project Management, Engineering or similar is essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading name in providing specialist services to the construction industry. Probably best known for providing dispute resolution services, where they are seen as an industry leading service provider. They have a rapidly growing project advisory service that provides high level strategic advice to client entities both in the UK and Internationally.
Candidates can expect to work with highly professional, industry leading experts in their specialist sectors in a growing area of the business with fantastic career opportunities. Given the businesses specialism in disputes, this role may suit a candidate who is also willing to have some exposure to disputes related work within this role. However candidates looking for a purely advisory role will still be considered.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£90k - £120k (DOE)
+ Bonus, pension and other benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend