Project Director - Project Monitoring
An exciting opportunity for a Director of Project Monitoring to join a premium construction consultancy in London. Project Director - Project Monitoring/Due Diligence role will involve delivering the business objectives and identifying new business development opportunities.
Ideal candidate will have extensive cost management experience post MRICS qualification.
This premium cost consultancy employer offers flexible working arrangements.
Director of Project Monitoring in this role will be a leading member of the management team responsible for representing the company as the ambassador.
Additionally, Director of Project Monitoring will be responsible for ensuring that projects are managed in accordance with employer’s processes and procedures.
Ideally, the candidate for this role will based in the London office.
A competitive salary package is on offer commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some of the key responsibilities and duties of Director of Project Monitoring will include:
- Formulating and managing strategies to deliver the business objectives.
- Actively identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the Business Unit’s activities.
- Ensuring that projects are managed in accordance with Employers processes and procedures.
- Agreeing fees and charges for potential services with Business Unit Manager / Area Chair.
- Agreeing appointments / scope of services. Ensuring that appointments are in place prior to commencing service delivery.
- Delivering high quality services and deliverables ensuring that services meet Customer’s requirements.
- Reviewing scope of appointments on a monthly basis to ensure services are being delivered in accordance.
- Managing and maintaining Client relationships.
- Leading and managing Teams, including working with Associate Directors in managing resources and workload.
- Managing employees, focusing on retention and development.
- Developing and enhancing employers cost management capability.
- Preparing bids for services.
- Managing service delivery for profit.
- Managing the commercial aspects of projects (e.g. scope of services/deliverables, invoices, payments, and debt management).
- Working together with other Directors and assisting Business Unit Manager / Area Chair.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive cost management experience post MRICS qualification
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of cost estimating and cost planning techniques
- Sound practical knowledge of construction methods and materials
- Excellent knowledge of construction procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies
- Comprehensive knowledge and practical experience of administering construction contracts
- Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts
- Great leader with ability to motivate others
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changing environments
- Excellent problem solving, negotiating skills, financial and numeracy management skills
- Specialist knowledge of a specific industry sector (i.e. Residential, Hotels, Commercial, Retail, Leisure, Education, or other)
- Ability to prepare first-class bids for services
- Competent at negotiating sufficient fees to both complete services and generate required profit levels
- Demonstrable evidence of delivering services to Clients and managing Client relationships
- Ability to work as part of a team and lead teams
- MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) Chartership
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying, Construction Cost Management or similar
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the largest construction consultancies in the UK with offices situated throughout the England, Wales and Scotland, as well and an international presence.
Full details of this premium cost consultancy will be provided to the successful Project Director – Project Monitoring candidate.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Hybrid working arrangements
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Full benefits will be disclosed to shortlisted Director of Project Monitoring Candidate