A Project Manager with strong experience in the civils and groundwork's sector is required to work for a British contractor currently working on a number of Data Centre projects in Europe. The successful candidate would work for a contractor who are operating as a sub contractor for the civils and groundwork's on a major Data Centre in the Netherlands. The project is situated circa 40 mins outside of Amsterdam.
This position could be offered on a fixed term contract basis.
The successful project Manager will take charge of a 25m Euro package of work on a large Data Centre outside of Amsterdam. This will include general groundwork's, utilities and underground ducting. The project is already 20+ weeks in and you will need to take the project through to completion.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Project Manager for the sub contract package, you will manage all of the operational staff involved within this package and liaise with the main contractors Project Manager to ensure that the project is progressing to plans. You will work closely with the Commercial Manager and consult on progress and the companies contractual position on issues that may arise with the client.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have strong knowledge and experience in civils packages.
- Candidates will ideally come from a sub-contractor background who have worked for large blue chip main contractors or for main contractors themselves
- A strong personality that can deal with a strong client
- Previous Overseas experience would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Excellent verbal and written English is essential
- Candidates will ideally be qualified to Degree level, however similar qualifications such as HND would be considered
- Candidates are expected to hold all the relevant Safety certificates and cards you would expect such a role
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a UK contractor specialising in general civils, utilities and groundwork's. They have a growing portfolio of Overseas projects in Europe. They work largely with blue chip clients in such as top 120 contractors and major developers.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £6,500 - £7,500 p/m Salary
+ €2,000 - €2,500 p/m Local Allowance (To cover Car & Accommodation costs)
+ Benefits package