A Project Manager is required to join a leading consultancy and cost management firm in Epping, Essex. You will be the Project manager on various types of building projects in the local authority sector up to around £20m in value, sometimes more.
The projects will predominantly be in the local authority sector but also other types of building construction is included.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Effective control of requirements and scope
- Management of Main Contractor and Sub-Contractors on site
- Ensuring appropriate services are delivered through technical, engineering, project controls and commercial support functions
- Safe, secure, timely and cost effective delivery of projects meeting all objectives
- Effective management flow of data to communicate; status, progress, uncertainty, risk and current/projected performance.
- Development and welfare of team members
- Effective communication across project delivery, client and stakeholder teams
- Achieving profitability
- Managing team development through the Performance Development Review system
Desired Skills and Experience
- Consultancy experience in a similar role
- Degree or equivalent in Construction Management/Civil Engineering or other relevant discipline is desired
- Membership of relevant professional body is desired, or willingness to complete such membership.
- APM qualified is desirable
- Prince 2 (planning) qualification is desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a national construction consultancy, and employ over 90 staff in their Epping office. They have a vast network of offices in the UK, and provide clients with the full spectrum of programme and commercial management services by providing multi-disciplinary teams who are capable of serving exciting projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car allowance, health, pension, and bonus scheme on top of a competitive basic salary.