Project ManagerRef MAX8355 Job Posted 26/02/2018 Region North and Scotland Location Sheffield, South Yorkshire Salary £45k - £50k + package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Adam Cadwaladr
A Project Manager is required to join a global construction consultancy in Sheffield on building projects. You will be solely responsible for various construction packages, initially on schools projects, reporting into the Senior Project Manager for the overall project.
You will be a Project Manager, initially working on schools construction projects, and some exposure to defence related projects. The company work on a larger variety of sectors so you will be given the opportunity to grow and diversify as your career progresses.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Acting as the Project Manager for selected packages of larger construction projects, reporting into the Senior Project Manager and Associate
• Preparing scopes of work, appointment documents, programmes, and communication strategies
• Providing advice on procurement, contracts (JCT), logistics plans, construction plans and particular conditions
• Preparing and evaluating the contractor selection process
• Attending client meetings and reporting on project progress
• Providing support to Quantity Surveyors on projects
• Providing input into final accounts and insight into loss and expense claims
• Maintaining client relationships throughout the course of the project and post practical completion
Desired Skills and Experience
• Relevant experience working as a Project Manager within a consultancy environment
• Experience working on building sector projects is essential, with education sector experience being an absolute advantage
• APM qualified or working towards is an absolute advantage
• Degree qualified in construction or equivalent
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a global construction consultancy that is constantly expanding in the UK. They operate in all project sectors on projects ranging from a few £million to £20bn in value.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive salary and package.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend