Project Manager Railways E&M
Our client is seeking to appoint a Project Manager Railway E&M on a major infrastructure project in Philippines commencing early 2022
Based in the JV contractor's project office in Manila, Philippines starting March 2022, duration 6 years.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provision of professional, first class, consistent and effective Project Leadership to Project Teams including local partners and subcontractors.
- Act as principal contact and ensure regular and effective communication with client/client’s consultant
- Establish and execute Project Management process and procedures on Project
- Ensure that Project fully complies with requirements in the contract.
- Accountability for all commercial and financial matters on all projects; regularly reviewing and ensuring invoices are raised in accordance with the contract
- Work closely with Project Teams including local partner and subcontractors to ensure client requirements are properly interpreted and reflected in the deliverables
- Resolve issues and disputes with Project stakeholders including, but not limited to, client or client’s consultant, local partner and subcontractors.
- Ensure regular and effective communication with clients and project teams
- Exhibit a proactive world class safety culture on Project ensuring that all staff follow safe systems of work procedures
- Take necessary actions required in Project including, but not limited to, invoicing, and correction of payment from client
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 20 years total experience work
- Minimum 10 years for railway E&M systems works
- Minimum 2 projects as PM or Deputy PM or similar position on railway E&M systems works
- Fluency in English
- Experience in FIDIC Yellow Book 1999 Edition and / or equivalent design build contract
- A deep understanding of the application of contracts and excellent commercial acumen
- A track record of collaborative team working and evidence of where you have led others and provided an environment for the team to deliver
- Evidenced managerial capabilities and experience in dealing with a diverse range of people
- Bringing teams together collaborating and coordinating
- Strong Microsoft skill including WORD, EXCEL and PowerPoint
- Strong skill in project management soft such as Primavera, TILOS, MS Project etc.
- Work in the Philippines and travel domestic / overseas upon requirement
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven Problem solver
- Able to chair and influence a progress meeting to understand project progress and better commercial outcome and successful project delivery
- Is able to form excellent collaborative relationships
- Has a “can do” attitude to work, flexible and agile
- Has drive and enthusiasm whilst being open, honest, flexible and seek support when required
- Proactively and collaboratively interacts with stakeholders
- University Degree in Electrical or Electrical Mechanical Engineering and or suitable recognised qualifications in his her field
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a major player in the railway industries and has been working in EPC, rolling stock leasing, rolling stock maintenance, repair & overhaul in Asia Pacific.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive tax free salary available plus all accommodation, transport, airfares, medical costs covered