Project Quantity Surveyor - Infrastrcture Division
Due to increased workload, a Project Quantity Surveyor with experience of working on civils and infrastructure projects is required to work for a national contractor based out of Northampton. The successful candidate will work for the companies civils and infrastructure division and be office based in Northampton whilst expected to make weekly site visits to their project(s).
The successful candidate will work as a Project QS within the civils and infrastructure division of the business and you will report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor. You will initially be involved on a civils project near East Midlands Airport.
Typical projects within the division include roads, groundwork's and remediation works as well as general civils and infrastructure projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Project QS within the business, you will be expected to run multiple projects within this division. You will typically report to the Senior QS or Commercial Manager who will be on hand to offer guidance and support where required.You will work out of Head Office and be expected to visit each site once a week.
Typical day-to-day duties will include:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
- Assisting with pricing new projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have the necessary skills and experience to demonstrate that they could act as the Project QS on multiple projects.
- Candidate's experience as a QS should have a strong bias towards working for a Contractors rather than Consultancies or House Builders.
- Experience of working on projects in the civils and infrastructure sector as a Quantity Surveyor is desired
- Relevant experience is considered far more important than specific qualifications. However it would be advantageous to have completed a Degree or similar equivalent qualification in Quantity Surveying.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a national, privately owned main contractor with a turnover of circa £500m. The civils and infrastructure division within the business accounts has a turnover of just over £60m at present but is a rapidly growing division of the businesses. They have a growing blue chip client list and are seen as one of the leading contractors based in the Midlands region.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£40k - £50k + Car Allowance & all mileage paid + Private Healthcare + Pension + Christmas Bonus + Discretionary Bonus