Project Quantity Surveyor
An established Oxfordshire based Construction Management Consultancy seeks an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their business, working on projects in the utilities sector. This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Quantity Surveyor in the Oxfordshire area to join a professional team of Quantity Surveyors and Project Management staff working on utilities projects in the Oxfordshire region.
The hiring company do approximately 70% of their work in the utilities sector and predominantly with one prestigious client. The successful candidate will primarily be involved on this side of the business upon starting in this role. However there will be opportunities to be involved in other divisions of the business in the future.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Assist in aspects of Cost Control for construction projects reporting to and supporting the senior Surveyors
• Assist in the Preparation of Cost Plans
• Advise and support Design Team and Client on cost effective methods of construction.
• Sourcing and evaluation of Trade Contractors
• Assist in the preparation of Trade Package Tender Documents and obtain tenders.
• Assist in the preparation of Trade Package contracts.
• Manage selection process of Trade Contractors and place orders.
• Assist in carrying out monthly valuations and assess variations.
• Assist in the Preparation of the overall financial reports for projects.
• Agree Trade Contractors final accounts.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Candidates will have some post qualification experience specifically as a Quantity Surveyor
• Candidates must be confident, personable and be able to communicate directly with the client
• Candidates must have a strong commercial acumen and be able to monitor costs effectively
• Excellent report writing skills are required
• Candidates are expected to be part of a site team on a variety of projects and should feel comfortable in working in this environment.
• Candidates must be qualified to Degree level (or similar equivalent)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is an established Oxfordshire based Construction Management Consultancy who turnover in the region of £2m per annum. They have a small office of circa 15 construction professionals in Quantity Surveying and Project Management. The company have an excellent record of staff retention and this is achieved through creating a positive, friendly and professional work environment for its employees. The position on offer would suit a bright and motivated Quantity Surveyor who is looking for a long term career with an established and highly respected local Consultancy.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£25k - £32k (DOE) + Pension