Project Quantity SurveyorRef MAX7074 Job Posted 02/10/2018 Region London Location Barnet, North London Salary £35k - £45k + package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Project Quantity Surveyor is required to join a North London office of a well established multi-disciplinary Cost Consultancy that offer a range of services in the building construction and refurbishment sector. Project values will range from £250k - £20m, and will more specifically include projects in the residential, commercial, educational, and historical sectors. You will become an integral part of the team as a self motivated Quantity Surveyor who is able to take projects from feasibility stage through to final account with minimal supervision.
You will work on various new build and refurbishment projects in the building sector including residential, commercial, educational and historical projects. Projects will range from £250k - £20m, and you will have exposure to a variety of exciting projects in all sectors, taking the projects from feasibility stage to completion.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Taking projects from feasibility stage through to completion
- Working on projects in the residential and commercial sectors to begin with, with scope to work on projects in the education and historical sectors.
- Preparation of tender reports
- Analysis and evaluation of tender reports
- Handling post tender qualification documents and procedures
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Reviewing the preparation of cost plans
- Preparation of recommendations for award for contractor packages
- Attending meetings with clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- Post graduation experience as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor level or higher is essential
- Shown ability or capability to take ownership of a project from feasibility stage through to final account
- Ability to be client facing and deliver services consistently to a high standard
- Competent IT skills, including all Microsoft Packages
- Good communication skills
- Ambition to help the company grow
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or RICS accredited course is strongly preferred
- MRICS qualified would be ideal or working towards Chartership
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company have been in operation for over 4 decades, with their expertise covering several areas of the building industry. For larger projects they provide services in several fields. The company are based in North London and have developed strong and lasting ties with local community, maintaining a very good reputation in the construction industry..
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
A competitive salary and career progression is something the company pride themselves on.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend