Project Quantity Surveyor
A Project Quantity Surveyor is being sought by a reputable main contractor to work upon multiple warehouse projects in Belvedere, Kent. Could this be an excellent opportunity to showcase your skills?
The successful candidate will be required to work upon multiple industrial (warehouse) projects in Kent, with an overall value of 8 million GDP.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Project Quantity Surveyor, you will be answerable to the Commercial Manager and will be required to perform a multitude of Quantity Surveying tasks including, but not limited to:
- Commercial management of subcontractors including processing payments
- Monitor the timely production of reliable cost reports
- Produce and present monthly / quarterly reports including cashflow information.
- Engage in discussions concerning project performance and provide commercial input to project strategy.
- Ensure applications for payment are made in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
- Provide commercial advice to the site team in connection with all project issues and provide input to area commercial discussions and reviews.
- Provide input to project start-up and close-out meetings.
- Assist with contract vetting and provide input to sub-contract documentation.
- Liaise with external consultants as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Build experience working for a main contractor is essential for this role
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- IT literate
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Strong work ethic
HND/HNC or similar equivalent in quantity surveying or similar relevant discipline is desirable but not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
My client is a reputable contractor that deals predominantly with industrial (warehousing) projects, as well as demolitions and refurbishments. This company operates across London, the South East and the Midlands.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Car allowance + fuel costs
- Car insurance costs
- Health + pension schemes
- Degree paid for (for candidates without a degree)