Project Quantity Surveyor
A Project Quantity Surveyor is required to lead a £9m project in the Industrial sector based in Bicester, Oxfordshire. The successful candidate will have previous experience of running their own project(s) previously for a main contractor.
The project is a £9m Industrial development based in Bicester, Oxfordshire with an extensive commercial element to it. The project is due to start in October.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Project Quantity Surveyor, you will work as the lead Quantity Surveyor on this project, whilst reporting to the Commercial Manager. You will be supported by a junior QS and be expected to delegate work accordingly, whilst taking a keen role in aiding their personal development.
Typical duties will include:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate previous successfully ran projects that they have been involved on.
- Candidates will have a strong bias towards working for reputable national or regional contractors rather than for Consultancies or Clients / End Users.
- Candidates with specific experience of working on large industrial buildings would be advantageous, however this experience is not essential and experience on other project types will be considered.
- Candidates will ideally hold a degree qualification or similar equivalent, however candidates with alternative qualifications or no qualifications will be considered if they have the experience to perform in this role.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a national contractor with a particularly strong presence in the Midlands and South East regions. They are a rapidly growing business, with the Midlands area being their strongest region of growth by some way. Their turnover is circa £100m and plans are for this to grow by double in the next few years
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£35k - £55k Basic Salary + Car Allowance & Fuel + Private Healthcare + Pension + Bonus