Project Quantity Surveyor
A national contractor with a turnover of circa £400m and growing, requires an Project Quantity Surveyor to work on a building project in Bristol. The ideal candidate will likely be based in and around the M4 motorway as future projects are likely to be based in surrounding counties such as Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire or Gloucestershire.
The hiring company is capable of delivering projects in both the built environment and civils & infrastructure sectors.
This specific role is to work for the Building division of the business and typical projects will include large distribution centres, warehouses, schools / universities and commercial buildings.Typical project values will range from £5m - £15m, however the company regularly completes larger projects also. The immediate need is for a commercial / retail project based in Bristol.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Project Quantity Surveyor, you will work as the lead Quantity Surveyor on this project and report to the Regional Commercial Manager. In most instances, you will also be supported by an junior QS and have the responsibility of mentoring them.
Typical duties will include:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have previously worked as a Project Quantity Surveyor previously, or be a Quantity Surveyor who is ready to take that next step into having sole responsibility for a multimillion GBP project.
- Ideally candidates will have worked on projects in excess of £1m or higher within the built environment (Not housebuilding).
- Previous experience of managing junior level staff would be an advantage but is not necessarily essential.
- Candidates should have a good understanding of the responsibilities of the Project Quantity Surveying function and its purpose and had some experience in carrying out many of the duties set in this job description
- Candidates must have a positive, 'can do' attitude and a strong work ethic
- Candidates must hold a fully completed degree qualification or similar equivalent.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a national contractor with sites spanning the length and breadth of the UK. They had a turnover of £400m in 2015 and this is expected to grow significantly in 2016. The work on a wide variety of projects in the built environment and civils & infrastructure sectors.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£35k - £50k (DOE) + Company Car + Medical Insurance + Pension