Project Quantity Surveyor
An experienced Project Quantity Surveyor is being sought by a leading build contractor in Cambridge. The successful candidate will be largely site-based and will be responsible for overseeing a 12 million GBP new build school project (both pre and post contract stages).
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing an exciting 12 million GBP new build school project in Cambridge. You will be starting at the pre-contract stage and will see the project through to the final accounts stage.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Project Quantity Surveyor, you will report to the Contracts Manager and will have an Assistant Quantity Surveyor reporting to you. The successful candidate will be expected to complete a full range of Quantity Surveying duties including, but not limited to:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Conducting measurements
- Cost value reconciliations Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of claims
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Excellent negotiating skills
- IT Literate
- The ability to use your own initiative
- Work well within a team
- Highly organised
- Experience running own projects
- Experience working on educational build projects is an advantage, but not essential for this role
A degree or similar equivilent in quantity surveying or alternative relevant discipline is highly desirable, but not essential for this role.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
My client is a leading build contractor, with offices located across the UK, as well as overseas. This company predominantly works on projects valued up to 30 million GBP, in a mixture of sectors including: healthcare, education and residential. As an employee, you can expect fantastic support and opportunities from this company!
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£45k-£50k + benefits