Project Quantity Surveyor
Summary of Project Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - London
A Project Quantity Surveyor is required to work on a Major Mixed-Use scheme, working out of the central London office of a leading international construction consultancy. You will take a key role on the project and other Mixed-use projects in the London area. You will gain fantastic project exposure as a Quantity Surveyor and have the opportunity to thrive and progress into a senior role in the future with this growing international company.
You will work on projects in the high-end residential sector that exceed well over £100m+.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To perform the role of Project Quantity Surveyor, taking responsibility for start to finish project delivery, often with respect to larger complex commissions.
- To act as the key client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a premium cost management and quantity surveying service.
- Be a Project Quantity Surveyor who assists in business development, bid writing and work winning, utilizing market knowledge to fuel sector growth.
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports as the Project Quantity Surveyor
- Conducting estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Working with Directors to construct bids for new work
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working as Quantity Surveyor working for a consultancy is preferred but not essential – pre-contract experience is important however.
- Experience in the mixed-use sector is preferred but not essential
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or similar is desired but not essential
- Full or on route to full membership of the RICS is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is an independent global consultancy offering a range of services to the construction and property industry. They provide project, cost and construction management for clients throughout the world as well as a range of other complementary services, finding solutions that exceed expectations and add value to projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- 27 days holiday + bank holiday and Christmas breaks
- Pension contribution on 3% – 5%
- 85% healthcare coverage
- Ride to work scheme
- £250 leisure voucher
- Childcare vouchers if required
- 4:30pm finish on chosen days
- Social events such as drinks etc.