Project Quantity SurveyorRef MAX7315 Job Posted 23/03/2017 Region London Location Central London Salary £35k - £60k + Benefits (D.O.E) Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A main contractor specialising in the fit-out and refurbishment sector requires a Quantity Surveyor to join their existing commercial team and work on project in and around central London.
Projects will range from fit out and refurbishment work across most sectors, however specific strength within the business are in the Commercial, Education and Healthcare sectors. Projects will range from anything from £100k up to £10m.
Responsibilities and Duties
Candidates will perform a combination of pre and post contract duties in this role and be expected to manage multiple projects over the course of a year. Typical duties will include:
- Procurement of materials and sub-contractors
- Contract Administration
- preparing bills of quantities
- Managing sub-contractors
- Writing reports
- Managing variations
- Work closely with operation staff such as Project Manager
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates with previous experience on fit-out projects are preferred, although candidates with a general main contracting background wanting to get involved in the fit-out sector would also be of interest
- Experience of working on projects within the education, healthcare or commercial sectors are preferred
- Candidates should have a firm grounding as a Quantity Surveyor with a sound understanding of the day to day Quantity Surveying role and how to carry out such tasks reasonably independently
- Candidates should have completed a formal qualification in Quantity Surveying or another relevant subject. (ie. HNC, HND or BSc etc)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company has a turnover of circa $45m and works on a combination of new build, refurbishment and fit-out projects in and around central London. The companies major specialism is fit out and refurbishment work within the commercial, education and healthcare sectors, with projects ranging from £100k up to £10m.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£35k - £60k p/a (D.O.E) + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend