Project Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8212 Job Posted 26/09/2017 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Coventry, Warwickshire Salary £35k - £42k + Car / Car Allowance + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Quantity Surveyor is required to work from the Coventry office of one of the UK's largest developers of privately owned retirement homes. The successful candidate will report to the Commercial Manager and split their time between office and sites based around the Midlands region to ensure that developments are built to specified budgets. Working in house, you will work closely with the Design and Project Management provided commercial assistance where required.
The hiring company will be responsible for the construction and refurbishment or retirement properties in the East and West Midlands area.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for the financial control of the companies projects from inception to completion in accordance with Company policies.
- Monitoring costs against the approved construction budget,
- Sending out inquires to sub-contractors
- Management of Sub-Contractors, including managing contractual risks
- Making payments and agreeing final accounts.
- Monthly valuations
- Keep accurate and timely records relating to cost against the budget
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will ideally have a Quantity Surveying background in the Residential sector, however similar project experience will be considered
- Candidates should be able to work largely autonomously
- Must be experienced enough to demonstrate capabilities of managing multiple developments largely independently
- Candidates will need to be highly IT literate
- Candidates will be qualified to a minimum of HND standard (or similar equivalent)
- A full driving license is essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a market leader in their industry of developing retirement homes throughout the UK. You will work in house for the Midlands division of this business and be based out of the Coventry office whilst being required to regularly visit sites in the Midlands.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £35k - £42k + Car / Car allowance
- Senior Project Manager Cambridge - to GBP54,000
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Hong Kong, Kowloon - HK$60,000 - HK$68,000
- Senior Project Coordinator Hong Kong, Kowloon - HK$38,000 - HK$50,000
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Manchester, Greater Manchester - £40,000 - £50,000 + car allowance
- Project Commercial Manager Kurdistan - Negotiable
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend