Project Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8363 Job Posted 10/04/2018 Region London Location Croydon, South London Salary £55k - £75k (DOE) + Benefits Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Quantity Surveyor capable of commercially running new build and refurbishment projects in the region of £5m - £10m is required to work for London based main contractor. The successful candidate will report to the relevant Commercial Manager and have sole responsibility for all commercial and contractual related issues on one or more projects. The position would suit a dedicated, confident and pro-active Quantity Surveyor who understands the fundamental of how to commercially manage projects and achieve financial targets.
The successful candidate will be given the responsibility of managing 2 projects in the Croydon, Surrey area, with a combined value of circa £11m.
You will be site based and for that reason the position would likely suit someone south of the river or with easy access to South London.
Typical projects within this division of the business are within the below sectors of construction and can include new build or refurbishment projects.
- High End Residential
Responsibilities and Duties
As Project Quantity Surveyor you will report to the Commercial Manager of your relevant division. You will be given you own project(s) to manage.
Typical duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Producing monthly Cost Value Reconciliations
- Creating orders
- Producing valuations
- Managing payments
- Sub contractor procurement & management
- Keeping organised and accurate documentation for the project(s)
- Producing weekly and monthly reports
- Dealing with day-to-day contractual issues
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage their own projects from procurement through to final accounts.
- Should have previous experience of working for a main contractor or sub-contractor in the built environment
- Candidates must be highly professional with strong client facing skills
- Strong Planning and Organisational skills
- A Degree qualification (or similar equivalent) would be preferred, however for candidates with relevant experience and no Degree will be considered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a small but highly professional London based main contractor with a turnover of approximately £60m. They have multiple divisions to their business which include major projects (Circa £5m - £10m), Heritage projects and Property Services.
The successful candidate will work within the major projects division of the business and have the opportunity to manage one or two projects from procurement through to final accounts.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £55k - £75k + Pension + Bonus
25 Days Holiday per annum + Bank Holidays
- Project Quantity Surveyor Thames Valley and West London Area - Neg Salary - Circa £50k - £60k + Benefits
- Quantity Surveyor Hampton, West London - £40,000 - £50,000 + package
- Quantity Surveyor Abingdon, Oxfordshire - £40k - £55k + pension
- Quantity Surveyor Southampton, Hampshire - £35k-£40k + car
- Quantity Surveyor Exeter, Devon - £35k-£40k + car
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend