Project Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8610 Job Posted 05/06/2019 Region Europe Location Dublin, Ireland Salary Circa €45k - €52.5k all in Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Project Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a leading Irish based Cost Consultancy working out of their Dublin Head Office.
The successful candidate will work on large scale projects in the built environment. This could include new build, refurbishment and fit-out projects across a range of sectors including high rise residential, commercial and retail.
The employer is a medium sized consultancy with a personable, collaborative working environment.
The successful candidate will work for a highly reputable employer who carry out some of the most exciting projects in the Irish marketplace. They have a prestigious list of clients that they carry out work with. Many of whom are regular clients.
Projects you will be involved on will typically be multi-million Euro, complex developments that can include new build, Refurbishment and fit-out. They work across a wide range of sectors and often carry out mixed use scheme.
Typical sectors including:
- Hospitality / Leisure
- Public Sector
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will report to the Associate Director and carry out day-to-day commercial and contractual tasks for projects. You will gain valuable experience on pre and post contract duties, including but not limited to :
- Preparation of cost plans
- Tender evaluation & assessment
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Preparing and presenting cash flow & cost management advice to clients
- Interpreting and offering advice on contract
- Ensuring contractual notices and client entitlements are properly administered
- Preparation of contractor’s payment recommendations
- Measuring & valuing variations
- Agreement of final accounts
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideally candidates will come from a PQS background
- Candidates should have previous experience working on pre and post contract work for a reputable consultancy
- Candidates should have experience of being the lead QS on multi million GBP projects ideally. However candidates who have worked on major projects in and managed large aspects of such projects will also be considered.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Relevant project experience on projects within the built environment is desired
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly IT literate with experience of using core Microsoft Office programs
- Enthusiastic “Can do” attitude is essential
- Qualified to a Degree level or similar equivalent in a relevant subject is essential
- Candidates will either be a member of a professional body or working towards professional membership of the RICS or a similar equivalent
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a highly reputable, medium sized Consultancy based out of Dublin, Ireland. They have circa 30 staff and are involved on projects in Ireland, UK and Europe. Their approach to work is professional, client-focussed and effective. They invest in their staff and their professional development to ensure they provide the best service to clients.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa €45k - €52.5k p.a Basic Salary
- Quantity Surveyor Reading, Berkshire - £32k - £45k + Car Allowance + Pension
- Quantity Surveyor Staffordshire, Midlands - £34k - £44k + Car (DOE)
- Quantity Surveyor Leicester, East Midlands - £35k - £45k + benefits
- Project Quantity Surveyor Macau - Neg
- Project Quantity Surveyor Woodford Green, North East London - £40K - £50K
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend