Project Quantity Surveyor
A leading national house builder is looking to employ a Project Quantity Surveyor to their busy office in Guildford ,Surrey. The successful candidate will join a busy office and take responsibility for housing projects in Surrey and Sussex.
The successful candidate will be office based in Guildford, Surrey but will manage two housing developments in Sussex and Surrey.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will report to the Commercial Director for the South Region and manage the commercial functions on multiple projects within the region. Specific duties & responsibilities will include:
- Carry out accurate build cost assessments of acquired land; maintain budget control throughout development; and manage cost overruns within tolerance levels.
- Accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development.
- Analyse and report on costs and cash flow v's budget using the technical support systems.
- Contribute to the conceptual designs/options for the determination of site values.
- Undertake accurate viability/feasibility studies to support decision-making in site acquisition and development.
- Prepare tenders and procure sub-contractors, goods and materials, using Group Tender procedures where appropriate.
- Evaluate and agree variations and instructions.
- Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity.
- Use a payments system for the payment of sub-contractors and the supply of goods and materials in line with Group policy and procedures.
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will ideally have previous experience of working for larger housing developers as a Quantity Surveyor
- Candidates must ultimately have the skills and experience to be responsible for making sure that developments are built in the most cost effective way
- Candidates must have experience of dealing with variations
- Strong communication skills and confidence to liaise with internal and external staff on site to ensure the effective running of the development
- Be able to keep accurate records relating to cost and budgets
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Candidates should hold a formal qualification in Quantity Surveying. Ideally a degree although other similar equivalent qualifications will be considered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK's most trusted housing developers with offices throughout the whole of the UK. The company are responsible for building several thousand homes and mixed use developments each year and are now a household name in the UK.
They are a very stable business performing extremely well in the current market. This is an exciting role for a Quantity Surveyor wanting to work for a successful market leading company within this sector of construction.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£35k - £50k Basic Salary (DOE)
+ Competitive salary
+ Pension Scheme
+ Company car or car allowance
+ Flexible Benefits
+ 25 days holiday