Project Quantity Surveyor
An experienced Project Quantity Surveyor is being sought by a leading national main contractor to be site based in Honington, Suffolk. The successful candidate will be site-based in Honington (North East of Cambridge) and will be responsible for overseeing a 7 million GBP new build healthcare project.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing an exciting 7 million GBP new build healthcare project in Honington. The succesful candidate will join the project from the start of construction and follow it through to completion and final accounts.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Project Quantity Surveyor you will be the lead site based Quantity Surveyor and report to the office based Contracts Manager. You will be responsible for managing an Assistant Quantity Surveyor also on this project.
You will be expected to be on site on a full time basis and encouraged to perform regular inspections of the site and pro-actively try to identify any potential issues that may arise and act accordingly to rectify the problem. You will be responsible for liasising with numerous site based staff to gain relevant information for reports as well as communicating regularly with the client. You will need to be a good negotiator with excellent client facing skills in order to keep the companies contractual position protected in amicable fashion where possible.
Specific duties will include:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Conducting measurements
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of claims
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of running a minimum of 2 projects in the region of £5m+ from start to final accounts
- A bias towards a main contracting background is desired, either for a large national contractor or a reputable small / medium sized contractor
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Excellent negotiating skills
- IT Literate
- Work well within a team
- Highly organised
- Experience working on health related build projects is an advantage, but not essential for this role
A degree or similar equivilent in quantity surveying or alternative relevant discipline is highly desirable, but not essential for this role.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
My client is a leading national contractor, with multiple offices located across the UK, as well as overseas. This company predominantly works on projects valued up to 30 million GBP, in a mixture of sectors including: healthcare, education and residential. As an employee, you can expect fantastic support and opportunities to progress your career with this company!
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£45k-£50k + benefits