Project Quantity Surveyor
An experienced Project Quantity Surveyor is being sought by a reputable main contractor, to work on an exciting new build project in Northampton! The project you will be working upon is valued in excess of 8 million GBP. Could this be an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your skills?
You will be working on an exciting new build project in Northampton! This project is valued in excess of 8 million GBP.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Project Quantity Surveyor, you will be answerable to the Commercial Manager and will be expected to perform a multitude of Quantity Surveying duties including, but not limited to:
- Commercial management of subcontractors including processing payments
- Monitor the timely production of reliable cost reports
- Produce and present monthly / quarterly reports including cashflow information.
- Engage in discussions concerning project performance and provide commercial input to project strategy.
- Ensure applications for payment are made in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
- Provide commercial advice to the site team in connection with all project issues and provide input to area commercial discussions and reviews.
- Provide input to project start-up and close-out meetings.
- Assist with contract vetting and provide input to sub-contract documentation.
- Liaise with external consultants as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Build experience working for a main contractor is essential for this role
- Experience managing projects valued at £8 million+ is essential for this role
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- IT literate
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Strong work ethic
HND/HNC or similar equivalent in quantity surveying or similar relevant discipline is desirable but not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
My client is a highly reputable build contractor with offices located across the UK. They have won multiple prestigious awards for their contribution to the construction industry, which highlights their success. My client offers great opportunities for career advancements and chances to get involved in a multitude of exciting build projects!
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£35-£45k per annum + benefits