Project Quantity Surveyor
A Project Quantity Surveyor is required to work on a £25m residential scheme in the SE1 area of London for a reputable main contractor. The successful candidate will commercially manage this exciting large project in Central London. The hiring company are willing to consider candidates on a freelance or perm basis for this role.
The project is an exciting high end residential project in the SE1 area of London. It's design is using a reinforced concrete frame and JCT contract will be used to carry out the project.
Responsibilities and Duties
The general purpose of this role will be to efficiently control the Site Quantity Surveying functions and accurately report in accordance with Company procedures.
Specific Duties will include:
- Production and administration which include the vetting and controlling the information for contribution forecasts and monthly cost/value reports
- To efficiently report on site Progress and ensure correct procedure are implemented for Extension of Time application and recovery of Loss and Expense
- Implement all QA Procedures
- Maximise profitability and cash benefit for the Company
- Ensure Contract Valuations are prepared in a timely manner in accordance with current ruling Company Policy
- Control and administer sub-Contract accounts
- The pre and re-measurement of all site works as deemed necessary to manage the financial out-turn
- To highlight and manage financial threats and opportunities which may effect the out-turn profitability within the constraints of the job role and under jurisdiction of the Senior Managers
- To produce accurate cash flows and contract works budgets
- Liaise with Contracts Management on Cost Control and all financial matters relating to the Contract
- Ensure Architects Instructions and Variations are obtained and properly valued
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will have ideally managed at least one project of reasonable size from staring on site to completion of final accounts
- Candidates with a working knowledge of JCT form of contract are preferred
- Candidates with a strong bias towards delivering projects in the built environment are desired. Particular experience in large scale residential or hotel projects would be advantageous
- Previous experience of managing / mentoring an Assistant QS or other junior member of staff on a project would be an advantage
- A good knowledge of the London market is desired
- Candidates should hold a formal qualification in Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject
- Professional membership to the RICS would be an advantage but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a rapidly growing London based main contractor. They have a turnover of £72m at present and based on current forecasts, they will double this within 4 years. They have an impressive order book of exciting projects within the residential, commercial and leisure sectors. The vast majority of their work comes through repeat business with a number of blue chip clients. They are a highly reputable company committed to providing training and funding towards relevant further qualifications and professional memberships such as the RICS.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary = £50k - £75 + Benefits
Day Rate = £300 - £400 (DOE)