Project Quantity Surveyor
A Project Quantity Surveyor is being sought by a leading UK Housing Developer in Southwark, South London. The successful candidate will be required to work on exciting new-build projects. Could this be an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your skills?
My client is seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on exciting new-build projects in South London. Such projects have an estimated value in excess of 1 million GBP.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Project Quantity Surveyor, you will be answerable to the Commercial Manager. This role will require the successful candidate to perform a full spectrum of Quantity Surveying duties, including, but not limited to:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with clients
- Assisting and liaising with the customers on materials and buying opportunities
- Aid the Contracts Manager with regards to the sub-contractor selection process
- Conducting valuations
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a Project Surveyor role, where you were answerable to either a commercial manager or director.
- Fantastic verbal communication skills
- Excellent influencing skills
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- IT literate. Experience using: Ms Office, Excel, Project, Word, etc is desirable.
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships, as well as working closely alongside members from a client.
- HND/HNC or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or another relevant construction course is essential.
- BSc or equivalent in a relevant constriction degree is desirable but not essential for this role.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
My client is a national leading Property Developer, specialising in social housing solutions, community regeneration, retirement solutions and new build projects. The company was established over 80 years ago, and in that time, has successfully accumulated a net worth of over 1 billion GDP.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£35k-£50k per annum + benefits