Project Quantity Surveyor
An exciting opportunity exists as a Project Quantity Surveyor to join a leading London based Refurbishment Contractor, boasting a prestigious list of clients. The successful candidate will join a highly respected contractor who specialise in completing complex, high end refurbishment projects in the Central London area. Their projects typically range from £2m - £10m, including work on some of London's most famous addresses.
Projects will typically be large scale and complex refurbishment projects based in Central London. Typical value of recent projects has been between £2m - £10m and they boast as prestigious client list which includes the Crown Estate. Their projects span across a number of sectors including Education, Commercial and Heritage projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Project Quantity Surveyor for the business, you will be commercially responsible for one or more of the companies projects. You will be responsible for ensuring that costs are kept within budget whilst administering the contract where necessary.
Typical Duties will include (but are not limited to)
- Sub contractor management
- Managing payments
- Financial reporting
- Attending site meetings
- Assisting with the production of various reports
- Keeping the Commercial Manager updated on progress in relation to costs against the budget.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will need a firm grasp of the Quantity Surveying role and will have previous experience of managing their own projects from award through to completion
- Previous experience for a main contractor or sub-contractor operation in the refurbishment and / or fit-out sector is advantageous. Similar sector experience will also be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are essential
- A great work ethic and enthusiasm towards developing your career
- Candidates coming from a sub-contractor background relating to Structural work, fit-out / interiors / dry-lining or M&E would be of particular interest.
- A Degree or similar equivalent qualification is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a specialist Refurbishment Contractor based in Central London. They work on high value, complex refurbishment projects in the London area and boast a prestigious list of clients. Therefore, they can offer candidates the opportunity to work on luxury, high end projects in popular London locations.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary will be dependent on experience, however a suitable range would be £45k - £65k.
+ Car or Car Allowance