Project Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8360 Job Posted 02/02/2018 Region South East England Location Thames Valley and West London Area Salary Neg Salary - Circa £50k - £60k + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Project Quantity Surveyor is required to work for one of the UK's largest main contractors in the built environment. You will be predominantly site based on projects in the Thames Valley / West London region and projects will typically be large scale and within the commercial and education sectors.
The role will be predominantly site based, but there will be travel required to the companies office in West Berkshire. Projects will typically be situated in the Thames Valley / West London area and valued in the region of circa £5m - £30m. Projects will typically be within the commercial and education sectors, but projects are not limited to these sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Experience of pre-start reviewing design, contract and cost plan allowances
• Attend design team meetings
• Attend and contribute to regular client project meetings
• Experience of preparing Bill of Quantities from drawings and specification from groundwork to finishes
• Preparing and submitting tender packages
• Compiling of sub-contract orders
• Carrying out site measures and valuations against subcontractor applications, including issues of payment and withholding notices.
• Preparation of client applications and variation accounts
• Preparation and maintenance of procurement schedule and warranty tracker
Desired Skills and Experience
Candidates should have:
- Experience of working as a QS on large scale projects in the education and commercial sectors
- Demonstrable ability to manage projects in excess of £5m
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Pro active and professional approach to work
- Confident decision maker with the ability to work well under pressure
- The knowledge and confidence to manage, mentor and support junior members of staff
- Candidates will ideally be Degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification in Quantity Surveying
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a highly reputable, leading UK leading main contractor who deliver large scale projects in the built environment up and down the UK. With a turnover in excess of £900m they are one of the largest main contractors in the country.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
(Guide £50k - £60k)
+ Pension Scheme
+ Private Medical (After qualifying period)
+ Company Car or Car Allowance
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend