Property Project ManagerRef MAX8785 Job Posted 19/09/2019 Region South East England Location Cranfield, Bedfordshire Salary £45k - £56k + Package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
The property division of one of the UK’s largest owners of private property is looking to hire a Project Manager with new build and refurbishment experience within the property sector.
This is an exciting role that comes with natural career opportunities into a Senior Project Manager role. You will work within a small but highly professional team of staff based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire and be working directly for the client on new build and refurbishment projects in the residential sector.
The successful candidate will need a sound background in managing projects and operational skills as well as strong commercial acumen to suit this role. It may also suit a Quantity Surveyor with Project Management / Employers Agent skills. The client does not have any direct labour force, therefore all packages will be tendered and procured.
You will be responsible for managing residential property developments which are largely refurbishment projects, however there will also be some new build work involved on some sites. Sites can be located anywhere in England and Wales.
Your role will be to manage and coordinate the day to day responsibility of all aspects of the construction, refurbishment, procurement and post completion processes on designated sites in accordance with agreed strategies and budgets.
You will manage your own diary and split your time between the office and sites across England and Wales.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Project Manager reports directly into the Head of Project Management.
The role incorporates 5 key functions:
1. Project Management
2. Financial Management
3. Health & Safety
4. Support Sales & Marketing
5. Management, Training & Development
1. Project Management:
- To oversee projects from termination to sales including schedule of design/works and all Project Management related tasks as defined within the ‘Project Plan’.
- Updating the ‘Project Plan’, an internal system that tracks key and critical tasks associated with each Project.
- In conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor (“QS”) prepare all required specification and contractual documentation for tendering/negotiation of the refurbishment works.
- To report on a regular basis to the Head of Project Management on quality and specification being achieved on site ensuring at all times they reflect the approved Project Definition.
- To manage and direct the pre-start and ongoing review meetings with contractors. In accordance with the agreed procurement strategies and timescales.
- To oversee the Site Instruction Form Sign Off process and ensure all associated plans and information is accurate.
- To ensure the Build Handover Schedule is up to date and accurate at all times and to manage the hand over of units from contractor to build and from build to sales.
- To oversee the post completion activities. Including the hand over of sites to the management company agents.
- To work with the appointed Principal Designer in issuing all Pre Construction information and reviewing/approving all Construction Phase Plans.
- To assist the plan production department in supplying and verifying information as required.
- To maintain the standard and quality of works on all projects.
2. Financial Management:
- To support the QS in the preparation of all required information for the appraisal and definition processes.
- To support the QS in ensuring all data within the project cost databases is maintained at all stages.
- To manage all variations from the scope of the Project Definition ensuring proper identification, communication and approval.
- To assist the QS in validating Main Contractor applications for payment by reporting on progress and quality of work.
3. Support Sales and Marketing:
- To ensure that project presentation is of an acceptable standard pre launch and throughout the sales process.
- To liaise with sales and marketing as appropriate in relation to design and specification.
4. Health & safety
- To implement the Company’s health and safety policy, ensuring that all practices and procedures are undertaken in accordance with a healthy and safe working environment and that all responsible staff are aware of their responsibilities in respect of their role, monitoring data and recommending action as required.
- To ensure awareness and understanding of the Company Health & Safety Policy and the required obligations as an employee.
- To participate fully and effectively in any employee consultations and training sessions.
5. Management, Training & Development:
- To be responsible for identifying and proposing own training and development needs.
- To maintain a reasonable understanding of company-wide issues in relevance to the role.
- To contribute to the efficient operation and positive interaction of and between all property team members.
- To undertake any other tasks, duties or projects which may arise from time to time which are commensurate with the general level of this role.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong residential project experience is desired
- Must have strong refurbishment experience and / or new build
- Candidates should have strong commercial skills, in particular some experience of contract administration (JCT ideally) and the ability to put together tender documentation.
- Candidates could come from a contractor, consultancy or client background.
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills are required
- Must be Computer Literate (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, and any programmes that would be relevant to the role concerned including any computer system experience used to track projects)
- A formal qualification such as Degree or HND is desired in a relevant subject such as Project Management or similar
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining one of the largest private owners of residential property in the UK, who operate in the construction, regeneration, and refurbishment or residential property nationally.
They client owns assets in excess of £6Bn and has a unique contract with a major government department that offers unparalleled and guaranteed continuity of work for the next 10+ years.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Circa £50k - £55k Basic Salary
- Fully expensed company car.
- 22 Days (excluding Public & Bank holidays) + 3 days closedown at Christmas/ new year. (25 Days Total)
- Up to 15% (of basic salary) discretionary annual bonus based on performance.
- Company (BUPA) Private Health Insurance (incls. Cover for spouse and direct dependants) and annual health check for employee only.
- Group Life Assurance (8 x salary).
- Group Permanent Health Protection (50% salary after 6 mths absence).
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (employer pays 7%, then the Salary Sacrifice Scheme where employer matches employee contributions up to a maximum of 7%).
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend