Quantity Surveyor Alternative Dispute ResolutionRef MAX9001 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region North and Scotland Location Macclesfield, Cheshire Salary £55k - £70k (DOE) Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 12/02/2021 Status Live
A Chartered Senior Quantity Surveyor with exposure to working heavily on alternative dispute resolution practices is required to work for a professional consultancy based in Macclesfield, Cheshire.
The client is seeking a chartered Senior Quantity Surveyor, who can join their team of expert staff providing a range of commercial and quantum services to their clients. This will include a combination of pre and post contracts services on live projects, contract administration, risk management and forensic analysis for projects in dispute.
You will be based from the client’s office in Macclesfield, Cheshire and given some flexibility for home working, but this role will require occasional travel to sites and client offices nationally.
The client prides itself on working within all sectors of the construction and engineering industry. Therefore, this role can deliver an exciting variation of project exposure on domestic and international projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Feasibility studies and cost planning
- Cost Reporting
- Contract Administration
- Control, manage and report contractual obligations from procurement to final account
- Accurate assessments of progress
- Forensic analysis in alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Clear and impartial evidence for tribunals (ADR)
As a senior employee, the role also includes:
- Management of internal and external project teams
- Training, development and performance management of employees, as applicable
- Acting as a role model and mentor to other employees
- Providing support to Senior Management and Manager – commercial & quantum
An expanded job description can be provided to shortlisted candidates.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor must have:
- Pre and post contract experience on large-scale, complex projects
- Have some exposure to alternative disputes resolution related work. i.e. forensically analysing quantum related information in preparation for mediation or adjudication.
- Familiar with common forms of contracts and has demonstrable skills of administering contracts effectively
- Excellent knowledge of the impacts of change, delay and disruption to a projects cost
- Worked as a Quantity Surveyor on multiple projects throughout the whole lifecycle of the project
- Competently check costs, conduct valuations and analyse final account figure
- Must have exceptional writing experience, and be able to demonstrate previous examples of successfully writing narratives and producing / assisting with quantum related reports
- Be completely comfortable in a client facing role.
- An ambitious individual looking to buy into the core values of the business and help to drive the business forward with its growth plan
- Membership to a relevant professional body is desired (i.e. RICS or CIArb or similar equivalents)
- A Degree of similar equivalent qualification is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a reputable and established consultancy offering a range of planning, quantity surveying, alternative dispute resolution and advisory services to their clients. This can include work in relation to disputes that are heading for adjudication and mediation.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will work alongside highly reputable experts on an appealing variety of projects and disputes. This role will be a great career move for any aspiring quantum construction disputes professional who wishes to keep their involvement on live project work.
The employer has a strong HR function and places a high emphasis on regular appraisals, career development and internal/external training. They expect candidates to be ambitious and place the same emphasis on their self-development.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£55k - £70k (Depending on experience)
+ Bonus (Circa 4% annually)
+ 22 – 26 days holiday + Bank Holidays
+ Pension (Employer 5% contribution)
- Quantity Surveyor Alternative Dispute Resolution Central Manchester - £55k - £70k (DOE)
- Associate Quantum Disputes Consultant Central London - To £65k + annual bonus
- Senior Quantum Claims Consultant Sydney, Australia - Negotiable
- Dispute Resolution Quantity Surveyor Lancashire - Negotiable
- Director of Construction Dispute Resolution Vancouver, Canada - CAD$250k+ +Package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend