Quantity Surveyor - Aviation
A Quantity Surveyor is required to join an international construction consultancy on a major aviation framework at a London airport. You will gain fantastic project exposure as a Quantity Surveyor on one of the most exciting schemes in the UK, where career progression is unrivalled should you possess the drive and ambition to succeed. Depending on your experience you will be working on some of the following aspects on the project as Quantity Surveyor; construction & maintenance of taxi ways, tunnelling for walkways, retail, HVAC, mechanical & electrical and fit-out, baggage handling systems.
Depending on your experience you will be working on some of the following aspects on the project as Quantity Surveyor; construction & maintenance of taxi ways, tunnelling for walkways, retail, HVAC, mechanical & electrical and fit-out, baggage handling systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
• To perform the role of Quantity Surveyor on allocated projects on the airport
• Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports as the Quantity Surveyor
• Estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan, should you be working in a pre contract role
• Managing post contract activities should you be working in a post contract Quantity Surveying role
• Ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a premium cost management and Quantity Surveying service
Desired Skills and Experience
- NEC contract experience is strongly desirable, or an ability to learn the contract quickly for practical use
- Able to be client facing and professional from a consultancy point of view on a day to say basis
- A steady career path as a Quantity Surveyor
- Experience as a pre or post contract Quantity Surveyor
• Degree qualified or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or similar is strongly preferred
• Full or on route to full membership of the RICS or InstCES is preferred but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a leading international construction consultancy with offices worldwide. The company work on major projects in all sectors and are considered one of the market leaders in the UK and international construction market.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a pension scheme, private healthcare, and other attractive benefits. 75% off certain train lines is also given, as well as a car allowance for candidates that are eligible for one.