Quantity Surveyor / Estimator
This is a unique Quantity Surveying opportunity with significant bonuses on top of the Basic Salary. The ideal candidate will be a money motivated recent Quantity Surveying graduate with some experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the London market.
You will join a small, private owned residential contractor based near Victoria Train Station in Central London. The role will be heavily biased towards tendering for new projects and identifying potential tendering opportunities.
The company specialise as a contractor in the Central London residential sector. They offer new build, refurbishment and fit-out service to end users. Projects typically range from £250k - £1m in individual value. They have a strong reputations and win a lot of projects via referrals. However are looking to bring on a Quantity Surveyor to help bring in more competitively tendered work.
Responsibilities and Duties
This role will be heavily pre-contract biased and incentivised by bonuses. The successful candidate will report directly to the Director of the business and be responsible for identifying suitable projects to tender for and managing the tender process through to completion. You will work largely independently and need to be highly motivated. Once projects are on site, you will have some post contract responsibilities on these projects.
- Tender Reviews
- Writing tender proposals
- Attending Networking Events
- Business Development
- Contract Management
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will likely have some experience as a Quantity Surveyor within a contractor of specialist sub-contractor
- Previous experience of assisting in the tendering process is desired, but not necessarily essentia
- Strong client facing skills. A personable individual that can portray the business in a positive way when meeting potential clients
- Experience and knowledge of using JCT form of contract would be advantageous
- A candidate who would enjoy managing their own time and working
- Candidates should be degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or hold a similar equivalent qualification
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a small and niche business with circa 25 staff at present. They seek a qualified Quantity Surveyor who would like to work for a small company such as themselves and be part of the family and drive forward its success by winning new projects. They will offer a unique and potentially lucrative bonus scheme to the successful candidate.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £25k - £28k Basic Salary
+ Significant Bonus Scheme - % commission for every project won (Based on value of the project)
£58,000 OTE's (uncapped)