Quantity Surveyor - Expert WitnessRef MAX8630 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary £40k - £60k + package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 11/11/2019 Status Filled: Apply to be considered for other jobs like this
A fantastic opportunity exists for a qualified Quantity Surveyor seeking an entry level role into Expert Witness Services.
This is a rare vacancy at Consultant level to join a market leading expert witness practice, where you will have the opportunity to get your foot in the door of this lucrative niche sector of construction disputes.
Our client seeks qualified (MRICS or similar) or nearly qualified Quantity Surveyors with as passion for making a move into construction disputes. The role will most suit candidates with some exposure to claims and disputes related responsibilities either as a QS or in a specialist disputes role. Candidate should be highly analytic and also have excellent written English skills in order to assist in the preparing of Expert reports.
As a business, the hiring company are involved in a combination of domestic and international disputes which across a range of industry sectors. Current project demand is slightly biased towards civils / infrastructure related work, therefore candidates with experience of working in these sectors will be of particular interest.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role available is to work as a Quantum Consultant providing support to a Director within the business on major claims & disputes in the construction market. A large amount of your time will be spent using your Quantity Surveying expertise to analyse documents at an expert level and assessing any grounds for negligence or unreasonable pricings and reporting these findings.
The majority of this work will relate to the Arbitration and Litigation process of major claims, as well as providing expertise as a consultant over the life cycle of a project. During a year, you will likely be involved on multiple projects and the role will offer exposure to an exciting variety of projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have a strong background working as a Quantity Surveyor with experience of carrying out a wide range of duties & responsibilities
- Candidates will ideally have had some exposure to claims related responsibilities as a Quantity Surveyor or in a specialist claims related role
- Candidates should have experience of working on projects in the civil / infrastructure sectors
- Excellent written English skills
- Genuine interest to work as an Expert Witness in the future
- Strong analytical skills are essential
- Qualified to degree level or similar equivalent is essential
- Member of a professional body such as the RICS, ICES or similar equivalent. Candidates expecting their full membership within the next 6 months will also be considered.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are a market leading, global disputes practice who specialise in proving expert services. The successful candidate will be based from their central London office.
Candidates can expect all the perks you would expect working for a market leading, global practice. This is a rare and unique opportunity to gain entry into one of the most lucrative sectors of construction. You will have the opportunity to work with leading experts in the disputes sector. Experience that will look excellent on a candidates CV and provide you with the best start to your career in expert services.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£40k - £60k Basic Salary
+ 10% - 15% discretionary bonus
+ Private Healthcare
+ Up to 10% contributory pension
+ Season Ticket Loan for commuting
+ Other fringe benefits
- Senior Claims Consultant Warrington, Cheshire - Circa £50k - £65k (DOE)
- Claims Consultant Warrington, Cheshire - Circa £36k - £48k (DOE)
- Delay Analyst Warrington, Cheshire - Circa £55k - £75k (DOE)
- Quantum Expert Warrington, Cheshire - Negotiable Salary & Package + Bonus
- Delay Expert Warrington, Cheshire - Negotiable Salary & Package + Bonus
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend