Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8321 Job Posted 15/01/2018 Region South East England Location Abingdon, Oxfordshire Salary £40k - £55k + pension Salary Band £30,000 to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
An established Oxfordshire based Construction Management Consultancy seeks a Quantity Surveyor to join their business working on projects across the building and civil engineering sectors. This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Quantity Surveyor in the Oxfordshire area to join a professional team of Quantity Surveyors and Project Management staff working on a range of projects typically within an hour of their offices in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
The successful candidate will immediately join a team of staff working on a selection of scientific projects near Didcot in Oxfordshire. Value of projects range from £500k - £10m.
In the longer term, projects could include utilities infrastructure through to commercial building projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
• All aspects of Cost Control for construction projects reporting to and supporting a director.
• Assist in the Preparation of Cost Plans
• Advise and support Design Team and Client on cost effective methods of construction.
• Sourcing and evaluation of Trade Contractors
• Preparation of Trade Package Tender Documents and obtain tenders.
• Preparation of Trade Package contracts.
• Manage selection process of Trade Contractors and place orders.
• Carry out monthly valuations and assess variations.
• Ensure projects proceed and progress within agreed budget.
• Prepare overall financial reports for projects.
• Agree Trade Contractors final accounts.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Candidates should have enough relevant experience as a Quantity Surveyor to understand the fundamental purposes of the role and be able to carry out the vast majority of day to day duties without close supervision.
• Candidates must have experience of working on commercial build / fit-out projects and experience of utilities infrastructure would also be useful.
• Candidates should have experience of Construction Management
• Candidates must be confident, personable and be able to communicate directly with the client
• Candidates must have a strong commercial acumen and be able to monitor costs effectively
• Excellent report writing skills are required
• Candidates are expected to be part of a site team on a variety of projects and should feel comfortable in working in this environment.
• Candidates must be qualified to Degree level (or similar equivalent) as a minimum
• Full membership to a professional body such as the RICS or ICES would be advantageous, but is not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is an established Oxfordshire based Construction Management Consultancy who turnover in the region of £2m per annum. They have a small office of circa 15 construction professionals in Quantity Surveying and Project Management. The company have an excellent record of staff retention and this is achieved through creating a positive, friendly and professional work environment for its employees. The position on offer would suit a bright and motivated Quantity Surveyor who is looking for a long term career with an established and highly respected local Consultancy.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£40k - £55k (DOE)
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend