A Quantity Surveyor is needed in Leicestershire to be part of a water-based, Civil Engineering contractor.
You will be reporting directly to the Divisional Business Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Achieve optimum recovery and cash flow whilst also developing and maintaining relationships with the Client.
- Assist in keeping costs to a minimum whilst also developing and maintaining excellent relationships with Sub-Contractors and other members of the team
- Support and advise the Operational Team on commercial matters and other aspects that may be relevant.
- Complete Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) on time in accordance with the Commercial calendar
- Responsible for providing accurate, concise & timely cost reporting to the Divisional & Operation Managers.
- Ensure Information provided to the client is accurate and timely, as agreed at the commencement of the project.
- Ensure compliance with the Conditions of Main and Sub-Contracts.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will ideally come from a main contracting or sub-contracting background.
- The successful candidate would ideally live within one hour commute off the M42 at Appleby Magna.
- They may also, on occasion be willing to travel and stay away from home.
- You will be highly computer literate and have an excellent standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Previous employment with smaller, specialist construction companies beneficial
- A formal qualification such as a HND, Bsc or equivalent, in Quantity Surveying or a similar discipline would be an advantage, but is not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a marine-specialist, Civil-Engineering contractor who works in the public & private sectors. The contractor often deals in NEC contracts and they have over 25 years’ experience in the sector.