Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8461 Job Posted 31/10/2018 Region South East England Location Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire Salary Circa 40k - £50k + Car Allowance Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
Due to growth a national main contractor is looking to hire a Quantity Surveyor to work on a new design and build project based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire.
As Quantity Surveyor, you will work on a fast paced industrial development with commercial office space. You will need a firm grasp of the Quantity Surveying role and should have previous experience of working independently for a main contractor on the typical day-today commercial duties.
The hiring company specialise in the construction of large industrial building such as warehouses and depots. These projects typically vary between £8m and £20m in value and are all on a design & build basis using JCT contract. They often comprise of a large industrial building, commercial office space and the surrounding landscaping and car park area. The specific project that this candidate will be employed on will be based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Quantity Surveyor on this project, you will take day-to-day responsibility for the running of the commercial and contractual issues. You will report to and receive support from the Commercial Manager who will be based in Head Office but will visit site regularly.
Typical duties will include:
- Producing monthly Cost Value Reconciliations
- Creating orders
- Producing valuations
- Managing payments
- Sub contractor procurement & management
- Keeping organised and accurate documentation for the project(s)
- Producing weekly and monthly reports
- Dealing with day-to-day contractual issues
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage large packages of works / projects independently with minimum supervision.
- Previous experience on Design & Build projects would be advantageous
- Candidates familiar with JCT form of contract are desired
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and deliver results in a timely fashion
- Strong communication skills
- Candidates will ideally be Degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a national main contractor with a growing turnover which was £150m last year. They operate in a very buoyant sector of construction which is industrial buildings. Providing a design and build service, they carry out new build and refurbishment projects up and down the UK on large industrial buildings. This is a fast paced and exciting sector within the construction industry.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa 40k - £50k + Car allowance (Dependant on experience)
- Quantity Surveyor Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire - Circa 35k - £45k + Car Allowance
- Quantity Surveyor Berlin, Germany - €45k - €60k + package
- Quantity Surveyor Bourne, Lincolnshire - Circa £35k - £40k + car allowance
- Quantity Surveyor Warwickshire - £35k - £45k + Car / Car allowance + Benefits
- Quantity Surveyor Oxford - £35k - £50k + Car / Car allowance + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend