A Tier 1 main contractor is looking to hire a Quantity Surveyor to work on a new build school project in Bedfordshire. The successful candidate will work for an industry leading main contractor on exciting projects within their regional business which covers Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and Cambridgeshire.
The successful candidate will work on projects in the region of £5m - £40m within the built environment. Typical projects will include new build and refurbishments of schools, universities and student accommodation projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Quantity Surveyor you will work closely with the Senior Quantity Surveyor on this project and independently take responsibility for packages of work on this project. You will assist the Senior QS in day to day commercial activities such as:
- Managing Sub-contractors
- Dealing with Variations
- Contract Administration
- Monitoring costs on the project
- Reporting progress to senior management
- Regularly meeting with the client to provide updates
- Assisting in the gathering data and writing of reports
- Standing in for meetings in the absence of management
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- A strong main contractor background with reputable main contractor
- A bias towards working on multi-million pound developments in the built environment
- CV demonstrating clear and stable career progression as a Quantity Surveyor
- Excellent written and verbal English is essential
- Candidates should be qualified to degree level or a similar equivalent level
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a regional office for one of the UK's largest and most reputable main contractors. This regional office works typically on projects up to £40m and pride themselves on having a low staff turnover. They are seeking talented Quantity Surveyors who want a long term future within the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£30k - £42k + Benefits