Quantity SurveyorRef MAX7091 Job Posted 11/09/2015 Region Europe Location Berlin, Germany Salary €45k - €50k Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Adam Cadwaladr
A Quantity Surveyor is required to join a major international construction consultancy in their Berlin office, to work on commercial office, retail and hotel projects. German speaking candidates are preferred for this role on a personal level at least. You will be a Quantity Surveyor based out of a Berlin office with occasional travel throughout Germany.
You will be a Quantity Surveyor on projects in the retail, commercial office and hotel sectors of large and small value.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be responsible for the daily cost management, co-ordination and successful completion of projects as a Quantity Surveyor, meeting objectives with respect to contract administration, estimating, and bidding to ensure effective management.
Specific Duties will entail (not limited to):
- preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- undertaking costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- performing risk and value management and cost control;
- advising on procurement strategy;
- identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- allocating work to subcontractors;
- providing advice on contractual claims;
- analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- valuing completed work and arranging payments;
- maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- providing organization and direction of subordinate project team members.
- Performing various project management tasks as well as the usual Quantity Surveying duties, providing scope to expand experience
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working as a Quantity Surveyor working for a consultancy is essential
- A steady career path as a Quantity Surveyor is strongly preferred
- Experience in the building construction sector is essential
- Member of RICS or CIOB is preferred
- A construction related degree or equivalent is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is an independent global consultancy offering a range of services to the construction and property industry. They provide project, cost and construction management for clients throughout the world as well as a range of other complementary services, finding solutions that exceed expectations and add value to projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary in the market with attractive scope to increase once you have proved yourself within the business.
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend