Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8248 Job Posted 05/06/2019 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Birmingham, West Midlands Salary £30k - £40k + benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A unique opportunity for a personable and characteristic Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager has arisen to join a construction consultancy in their office in the Jewelry Quarter, central Birmingham. You will be an enthusiastic Quantity Surveyor with experience in the built environment, and be able and / or willing to work as an Employers Agent for clients.
Projects will vary within the built environment and include extra care, residential retail, education, heritage, commercial and mixed use schemes. Projects are predominantly new build however the company also manage refurbishment projects also.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Pre and Post Contract management inclusive of procurement
- Client management
- Bills of Quantities
- Cost Estimates
- Contract management and assist in any claims that arise
- Act professionally at all times as the face of the company and assist in business growth where possible
- Act as the commission lead on projects taking full ownership and responsibility
- Final Account negotiation
Desired Skills and Experience
- Working as a Quantity Surveyor in the built environment
- Experience working within a consultancy is ideal however staff from Main Contracting backgrounds also work within the business, so experience from all backgrounds are considered
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or RICS accredited degree is preferred
- Membership of the RICS isn’t essential, however to be promoted to an Associate Director within the business MRICS is essential. The company provide a fantastic RICS programme for those wishing to attain Chartership.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a multidisciplinary construction consultancy with 5 offices in the UK, operating across a multitude of sectors in the built environment. They provide a fantastic RICS training programme for those wanting to become chartered and work on projects locally and nationally from each of their 5 offices across the UK.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company pay a fantastic salary and package with an option for a car allowance, + private healthcare.
- Quantity Surveyor London - £35k - £50k + car or car allowance
- Quantity Surveyor Hampton, West London - To £50,000 + Package
- Quantity Surveyor Central London - £40,000-£50,000 + car allowance
- Quantity Surveyor Leicester, Leicestershire - Negotiable
- Quantity Surveyor Cambridge - £36k - £40k + car allowance
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend