A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join a major construction consultancy in Blackburn. Your focus will be on projects in the utilities sector, on part of a major programme involving waste and clean water refurbishments, pipelines, and heavy civil engineering works as a Quantity Surveyor. This is a great opportunity to progress your career with a highly reputable global consultancy.
You will be working on a major programme in the water / utilities sector as a Quantity Surveyor. Projects will include clean and waste water refurbishment projects, heavy civil engineering, pipelines.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be responsible for the following duties as Quantity Surveyor:
- Working closely with multidisciplinary teams from the client perspective
- Managing the contractors on site as Quantity Surveyor
- Assessing, understanding, and assisting in the delivery of pre and post contract services as Quantity Surveyor
- Validation of cost structures
- Production of accurate cost estimates
- Providing interim payment applications
- Assessing variations and working on claim assessments, defending contractor claims where necessary
- Cost reporting for clients
- Working closely with the project managers on site
Desired Skills and Experience
- Quantity Surveying background in either the utilities, civil engineering, infrastructure or Oil & Gas sectors
- NEC contract experience is preferred but not essential should you show the ability to learn quickly
- Consultancy or Main Contracting experience are both desirable
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar construction discipline
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a global consultancy in construction, operating in unlimited project sectors across the UK. They maintain a vast network of offices on various continents, and provide unrivalled training, exposure and opportunities to some of the most exciting projects in the UK and worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package.