Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8735 Job Posted 18/07/2019 Region North and Scotland Location Bolton, Lancashire Salary Depends on Applicant Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
An exceptional client side Quantity Surveying consultancy role to be based in Bolton, Lancashire, with a high quality specialist cost and project management UK-based employer with offices across the UK.
Unlike working for one of the biggest quantity surveying consultancies, this exceptional QS job based in Bolton, Lancashire, offers the opportunity to experience live pre and post contract quantity surveying work within a number of different sectors. With live clients and projects within the residential, retail, leisure and the industrial sectors, you will be able to find the sector of work that you enjoy working in the most and that you are best suited to. In addition, your career progression will be supported with a proven APC program to allow you to become a chartered quantity surveyor at the earliest opportunity. This career boosting qualification will offer further career prospects and the chance to increase your monthly income further.
Responsibilities and Duties
This client side QS role based in Bolton, Lancashire, includes all aspects of quantity surveying and pre and post contract cost consultancy duties, including:
- Preparation of tenders, cost planning, compiling estimates
- Ensuring the clients achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork and proactive cost control
- Preparation of financial reports
- Monitoring the communication of a project status
- Provision of cost advice on design solutions
- Administration of cost/variation procedures
- Carry out full contract surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of accounts and disputes.
Desired Skills and Experience
This client side QS role requires applicants to have had basic experience in all aspects of quantity surveying and pre and post contract cost consultancy duties, including:
- Experience of preparing tenders, cost plans, and estimates
- Experience of implementing proactive cost control procedures
- Experience of preparing financial reports
- Experience of how to provide cost advice on design solutions
- Experience of cost/variation procedures
- Experience of having carried out full contract surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of accounts and disputes.
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work flexibly with strong organisational skills to manage workload
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a dedicated attitude
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care
This challenging consultancy QS/Quantity Surveying role would suit either:
a) A quantity surveying degree graduate that has gained some working experience and who is now ready to get chartered and move their career forward quickly
b) A QS that has recently passed their APC and achieved chartership that is feeling undervalued in their current role and is ready to upgrade their career path.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This cost management and project management specialist has a proud track record of providing construction services to their clients, some continuously, for over 100 years.
Employee owned, the company has kept ahead of new industry trends and is a regular winner of good employer awards. With offices on three continents and a UK office network that can service national brands and corporations, they are close to being the perfect sized employer to offer stability, continuity of work along with a personal touch in working relationships within each regional office, across company offices and with the clients they work with.
The Bolton, Lancashire office is a fast growing regional office.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous market level salary
- RICS approved APC training
- Professional Development training
- Generous leave and study leave available
- Life insurance, income protection insurance etc
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend