A newly created Quantity Surveying opportunity exists with a specialist Interiors Contractor who carry out work nationally and their office is based in Bourne in Lincolnshire. This interesting role will see the successful candidate work as the only Quantity Surveyor in the business and report directly to the Commercial Manager.
The hiring company specialise in Interiors for clients largely in the retail sector. Typical projects range between £200k - £400k. This is a fast paced sector of construction industry and will require a pro-active and enthusiastic QS to carry out this role effectively.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist Directors with pricing tenders
- Monitoring costs
- Carry out regular site visits
- Working with the PM to monitor project progress
- Dealing with variations
- Agreeing Final Accounts
- Assist the Commercial Manager in contractual correspondence
- Dealing with sub contractors
- Working with PM to take commercial control for snagging process
- Providing cost value reconciliations / forecasts / cash flows
- Assisting the Commercial Manager with other tasks as and when required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have worked as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor or Quantity Surveyor for a reasonable period of time previously
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally
- Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks and make clear decisions in a timely fashion
- Ability to meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Previous experience of working in the interiors sector would be advantageous, however is not essential for candidates with a keen interest of working in this sector.
- Candidates who are qualified to degree level (or similar equivalent) are desired, however candidates with the relevant experience who are not qualified will be considered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are a small but highly reputable Interiors contractor working on a national scale with leading UK retail businesses. They have an established list of major clients in the UK and turnover £11m per annum and rising. This position would suit a candidate with a preference towards working for a smaller contractor where they will be involved and consulted on strategic decisions that the company will make and be a critical team member in the company's success. You will have the opportunity to work directly with senior management in the business and learn from highly experienced and successful construction professionals.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£35k - £45k + Pension Scheme + Other benefits