Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8444 Job Posted 20/06/2018 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Bourne, Lincolnshire Salary Circa £35k - £40k + car allowance Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
Due to continued growth within the business, an independent interiors contractor is looking to hire a Quantity Surveyor to work out of their Lincolnshire office.
Specifically based in Bourne in Lincolnshire, the successful candidate will join a small team of commercial staff and work on retail and office fit-out projects on a national basis. You will perform a range of pre and post contract duties and be responsible for commercially managing your own projects from award through to completion.
The hiring company are a specialist interior and shop fitting contractor carrying out fast paced projects with major clients in the retail sector. Recently the company has branched out into carrying out similar fit-out services on commercial office projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
• To help price tenders with the Directors as and when necessary, ensuring competitive priced projects to gain ongoing works.
• Working with the Estimator, set up Pre-Cost Estimate sheets for each job prior to commencement.
• Work with the Commercial Director in monitoring costs against the Pre-Cost estimate.
• Carry out regular site visits to attend Scoping meetings, and carry out re- measures with Clients and Sub Contractors, prior to valuations and Final Accounts
• Working with the Project Managers, and Directors, prepare interim valuations to the Client and Client Agents, escalating to the Commercial Director if Certs are overdue.
• Working with the Project Managers, monitor and keep track of project progress, taking responsibility for the measurement and valuation of the CVO (variation process) during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account
• Assist the Commercial Director, in preparing and issuing contractual letters to clients and / or sub-contractors as and when required.
• Assist the Commercial Director to provide accurate and cost effective Sub-contract negotiation and letting as and when required.
• Assist the Commercial Director to provide certification of Sub Contractor monthly valuations, purchase orders and Final Accounts as required.
• Working with the Project Managers and Office Administrator, take commercial control for the snagging and O & M process to ensure we can apply for 100% of the value of Projects as early as possible.
• Working with the Financial Manager and Commercial Director in providing Cost reconciliations/forecasts/cash flows (CVR) to be undertaken every month on each project, for discussion at Management meetings.
• Assist the Company buyer as and when required to ensure Materials and plant are purchased for the best possible price and that agreed costs are adhered too on Invoices.
• Manage and produce accurate formal reports to agreed timescales.
• Supply all relevant information to the Commercial Director for review at the specified intervals set.
• Assist the Commercial Director with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time.
• Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Several years experience in a Commercial role essential.
- An understanding of business practices within the Construction/shop-fitting industry is desired, however candidates from other sectors will be considered
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with others both internally and externally, using strong communication skills to achieve the goals of the business.
- Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Have good practical organizational skills, planning of resources and program scheduling
- Ability to meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- A formal qualification in Quantity Surveying is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are a successful, specialist interior and shop fitting contractor based in Bourne, Lincolnshire and they work on a national basis. Having increased their turnover from £11m to £14m in the last 24 months, the business is performing extremely well and have a strong base of repeat clients within the retail and commercial sectors.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£35k - £40k
+ Car Allowance
- Quantity Surveyor Warwickshire - £35k - £45k + Car / Car allowance + Benefits
- Quantity Surveyor Oxford - £35k - £50k + Car / Car allowance + Benefits
- Quantity Surveyor Mansfield, Nottinghamshire - £35k - £43k + car or allowance + benefits
- Quantity Surveyor Central London - £40k - £50k + Benefits
- Quantity Surveyor Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Northumberland - £30k - £34k + package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend